We’re going to put some content in the sidebar area of our website.
To do this we’re going to use some HTML code that WordPress will write for us.
First we make a new page. But we don’t publish the page, we save it as a draft. That way, it’s not published for the world to see. It can only be seen by people who can log in to our web site.
This is what to do, in the WordPress Dashboard…
- Select Pages > Add New.
- Use the word processor type interface to add a photo, headline, our address and phone number.
- Format this content using the provided buttons.
- Now we click the Text tab. This shows us the HTML code that WordPress made for us when we pressed the word processor type buttons.
- We copy this code to our clip board.
- Navigate to Appearance > Widgets.
- Look for a tab that says Primary Sidebar. Click the little down arrow to open the box.
- In the left hand side of your screen, look for the Available Widgets section. Scroll down to find a box that says Text.
- Drag this Text Widget in to the Primary Sidebar Widget Area.
- Paste the HTML code we copied earlier, into the Text widget.
- Click the blue save button.
View your website again and you’ll see the content in the sidebar area.
The slides from the video