To keep things simple, we’ll write our content using the WordPress built in editor.
It’s just like a word processor.
Log in to WordPress. (mysite.com/wp-admin)
- You should now be in the dashboard. If not click the house icon, top left.
- Go to Pages > Add New.
- Enter your page title in the Enter title here box.
- Click the Visual Tab (top right of word processor box).
- Start typing in the big word processor type box.
- Some formatting buttons might be hidden, so click the Kitchen Sink button to display them. It’s the last button on the top row, if you’ve clicked the visual tab.
- Format your text using the word processor type buttons.
- To add photos to your page, click your cursor anywhere in the page and click the Add Media button and follow the instructions.
- Scroll down the page and look for a section labelled Discussion. If you don’t want people to add their own comments to your web pages, un-tick these two boxes. (The boxes are comments and trackbacks.)
- Scroll up to the top right hand of your screen and click the blue Publish button.
- Log out. Hover your mouse over the top right of your screen where it says Howdy. A drop down list appears with a log out option.
That’s it. You’ve just published a web page or blog posts. Congratulations!
These are the slides from the video…
Next we’ll make the navigation bar.